ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » Building a PC » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Building a PC  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
manny29

Registration Date: 10-23-2005

Building a PC Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey,, guys i'm planning to build my own pc; but need help with the parts, so far i'm going with AMD and ATI cross fire, need help picking the other parts,, my budge no more than $3,000.00 and one more thing should i wait for Vista or just go for it??? .. THX
09-29-2006 21:57 manny29 is offline Send an Email to manny29 Search for Posts by manny29 Add manny29 to your Buddy List
Gunner_X $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-1767.gif

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Whoa, 3k is a major budget for a PC. AMD and ATI are definitely the better parts to go with.

As far as a mother board to put those babies in, Asus is always a superb choice. Other than that, there's not really a lot more that you need. Especially if you get a good mother board that has a lot of stuff built in, you wont have to worry about many PCI cards. Things like RAM and what not you will have to decide on later, but that stuff is pretty unspecific as far as one brand really being better than another. Only advice on that that I can offer is try to get a mother board that uses a common RAM or else you'll start paying out the ass if you want a lot of it. As far as vista, I havent really read a lot about it, so I cant really give you an answer.

And Im not sure it you've heard of this place already, but I buy all my stuff from here: http://www.pricewatch.com

They typically have the best prices that you can find on the internet for computer gear.

Hope that helps. Smile
09-30-2006 21:50 Gunner_X is offline Send an Email to Gunner_X Search for Posts by Gunner_X Add Gunner_X to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 YIM Account Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 View the MSN Profile for Gunner_X
manny29

Registration Date: 10-23-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

THX.. for info dude !!!
10-03-2006 00:08 manny29 is offline Send an Email to manny29 Search for Posts by manny29 Add manny29 to your Buddy List
reploidx $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 08-08-2006

Another really, really good computer parts store is www.newegg.com
Whats really good about that site is that you can find good deals for new hardware, and it has an option that will help you build your box. I used it when me and my friend built my computer, so give that a look over.
10-03-2006 00:59 reploidx is offline Send an Email to reploidx Search for Posts by reploidx Add reploidx to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of reploidx: Drgoonworriorlxl YIM Account Name of reploidx: blahlbinoa
Garbage Pail Kid $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1500.gif

Registration Date: 07-19-2006

Make sure you get a really large power supply unit. At leats 350W if your gonna throw in a large graphics cards and some other goodies in it. Get one with ball bearings in it for reduced noise. Dont go cheap or youll be annoyed with the noise.

If you want to illegaly migrate to the United States , syphon our resources, wear down our infrastructure, steal our jobs, make fun of our culture, and drive without a license, at least learn our god damn language. If not get the fuck out.
10-04-2006 16:21 Garbage Pail Kid is offline Send an Email to Garbage Pail Kid Search for Posts by Garbage Pail Kid Add Garbage Pail Kid to your Buddy List
m2h3090 $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1576.jpg

Registration Date: 07-26-2006

yea a large power supple so you can have a great graphics card...and yea 3k is a major buget if your tryin to build a pc

10-05-2006 03:02 m2h3090 is offline Send an Email to m2h3090 Search for Posts by m2h3090 Add m2h3090 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » Building a PC