ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Arcade » how to calibrate the lightgun for shooter games??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page how to calibrate the lightgun for shooter games???  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
swollhead

Registration Date: 12-15-2004

how to calibrate the lightgun for shooter games??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've tried doing a search about this issue already here but I could not find anything about it on these forums so sorry if someone already posted one. I'm trying to play games like Terminator 2 or Revolution X that require a lightgun to play, but I dont know how to calibrate my controller for the game. The cursor won't move it just stays in one direction. I tried using a lightgun from my playstation to play it and the cursor still won't move, has anyone tried playing these games and had success being able to move the cursor around?
12-31-2004 16:40 swollhead is offline Send an Email to swollhead Search for Posts by swollhead Add swollhead to your Buddy List
Kameo $posts[username] is a female
f)

images/avatars/avatar-1358.gif

Registration Date: 11-11-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Try using mouseinput, I did that to play Alien3, T2, Beast Busters, Operation Wolf and a bunch of others, should work....

12-31-2004 18:51 Kameo is offline Search for Posts by Kameo Add Kameo to your Buddy List
swollhead

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kameo,

I tried that and it would not recgonize my mouse when I tried to set up the controls. What exaclty did you do to get the mouse working?
12-31-2004 19:14 swollhead is offline Send an Email to swollhead Search for Posts by swollhead Add swollhead to your Buddy List
Nevius

Registration Date: 01-01-2005

if u want play Alien 3(for example) with mouse as Lightgun, do this:

mame Alien3 -mouse

press tab in game, then go Imput(this game), go to P1 Button 1, press enter, klick mouse left button, do same with P1 Button2 and right mouse button.

Go to P1 Lightgun Analog X and move ur mouse from right to left and then from left to right.

Go to P1 Lightgun Analog Y and move ur mouse from up to down and from down to up.

Calibrated!
01-01-2005 17:17 Nevius is offline Send an Email to Nevius Search for Posts by Nevius Add Nevius to your Buddy List
Kameo $posts[username] is a female
f)

images/avatars/avatar-1358.gif

Registration Date: 11-11-2004

Thanx Nevius, nice post for a first oneWink ....

01-01-2005 17:45 Kameo is offline Search for Posts by Kameo Add Kameo to your Buddy List
Nevius

Thanks dude! Im just trying to help....
01-01-2005 21:35 Nevius is offline Send an Email to Nevius Search for Posts by Nevius Add Nevius to your Buddy List
Arcadeplayer $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-718.gif

Registration Date: 12-31-2004

yo dude u seem vry experienced can u tell me where 2 get mlug and samsho series?

Chrono Cross

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 01-01-2005 23:04.

01-01-2005 23:03 Arcadeplayer is offline Send an Email to Arcadeplayer Search for Posts by Arcadeplayer Add Arcadeplayer to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Arcadeplayer
Nevius

sorry, in this forum rom linking isent accepted....

search on romnation, its somewehre there...
01-01-2005 23:07 Nevius is offline Send an Email to Nevius Search for Posts by Nevius Add Nevius to your Buddy List
MaxPower $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 11-26-2004

Excellent, now can anyone list lightgun games that works in mame (via mouse input), cos i remembr the graphics but cannot for the life of me remembr the title of those gun games!

cheers!

01-03-2005 18:34 MaxPower is offline Send an Email to MaxPower Search for Posts by MaxPower Add MaxPower to your Buddy List
Nevius

Of course, look the image i atached, there all games with lightgun support...

$posts[username] has attached this image (reduced version):
Lightgun Games.jpg
View Full-Sized Image

01-03-2005 20:39 Nevius is offline Send an Email to Nevius Search for Posts by Nevius Add Nevius to your Buddy List
a)

Pukka! Big Grin

01-04-2005 17:43 MaxPower is offline Send an Email to MaxPower Search for Posts by MaxPower Add MaxPower to your Buddy List
Arcadeplayer $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-718.gif

Registration Date: 12-31-2004

SO much !!

Chrono Cross
01-04-2005 22:29 Arcadeplayer is offline Send an Email to Arcadeplayer Search for Posts by Arcadeplayer Add Arcadeplayer to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Arcadeplayer
swollhead

Thanx a bunch, i'll try that then, i didn't know it could be calibrate by just moving the mouse.
01-05-2005 06:35 swollhead is offline Send an Email to swollhead Search for Posts by swollhead Add swollhead to your Buddy List
swollhead

Do you know if that will work for T2 the arcade game? I tried it with that and the game won't recgonize my mouse.
01-05-2005 06:43 swollhead is offline Send an Email to swollhead Search for Posts by swollhead Add swollhead to your Buddy List
a)

iirc you need some save file in ur nram or somthing like that, im sure someone here knows Smile

01-06-2005 00:06 MaxPower is offline Send an Email to MaxPower Search for Posts by MaxPower Add MaxPower to your Buddy List
Kozoku

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

I tried looking for that nram thing, I couldn't find it. I use Mame32 and it still doesn't recognize my mouse.
01-18-2008 04:18 Kozoku is offline Send an Email to Kozoku Search for Posts by Kozoku Add Kozoku to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Arcade » how to calibrate the lightgun for shooter games???