ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Arcade » what arcade game can you beat with 1 credit » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page what arcade game can you beat with 1 credit 3 Votes - Average Rating: 6.673 Votes - Average Rating: 6.67  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Wulfston $posts[username] is a male
a)

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not really sure. The graphics were a bit strange. Looking like more a video-taped backgroud that they just put enemies to blow up. All you had to do was shot missiles with a crosshair on the screen and push some directions to win the game.

01-16-2007 09:05 Wulfston is offline Send an Email to Wulfston Search for Posts by Wulfston Add Wulfston to your Buddy List
Darkmercury $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1764.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

carnevil
pacman(i can roll the game over)
Ms Pacman
puzzle bobble 4
01-27-2007 01:16 Darkmercury is offline Send an Email to Darkmercury Search for Posts by Darkmercury Add Darkmercury to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Darkmercury: darkmercury77
Japofran $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1745.gif

Registration Date: 06-15-2006

And Operation Wolf. The arcade wasn't near home back then but now I've played with Mame and it's a piece of cake.

01-27-2007 11:35 Japofran is offline Search for Posts by Japofran Add Japofran to your Buddy List
rommania $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1614.jpg

Registration Date: 10-25-2006

I can beat any Arcade game with 1 credit by using Save State!!!

VGMusic
01-28-2007 03:53 rommania is offline Send an Email to rommania Search for Posts by rommania Add rommania to your Buddy List
CHeesE $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1781.jpg

Registration Date: 10-05-2006

quote:
Originally posted by rommania

whats the point of that Confused Confused Confused

i believe we are talking about actual arcade games, meaning by getting out your house, go to some shop/store with machines in it, stick in a credit and trying to finish the game with it..... not emulation.....

01-30-2007 13:47 CHeesE is offline Send an Email to CHeesE Search for Posts by CHeesE Add CHeesE to your Buddy List
Grocklon $posts[username] is a male
a)

Registration Date: 01-16-2005

quote:
Originally posted by rommania

Hmm.. demonstration of the point in another area of this board.

As for the game to play to the point where you just stop..

TARG (Circa 198?)

I play now.. and well.. I suck.. LOL

That is all.
01-30-2007 15:51 Grocklon is offline Send an Email to Grocklon Search for Posts by Grocklon Add Grocklon to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Grocklon: Underdogismyhero
otaku1 $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 12-01-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]

wooohoooo!!!! I can beat XMEN arcade with 2 credits (japanese verison) i'm working on beating it with 1 credit.... i found out something... the US verison is a little different... and harder... which seems like they changed the game up a bit so people can put in more quarters... which it seems like X-men the japanese version can be beaten with just 1 credit... it all makes sence now.. sence old school japanese games was all about scores and points...and how far you can get..... i can't even get threw the 3rd level in the US version with out dieing.... it's soo cheap... every time you use your mutant power, it drains your life, even if you have mutant powers stacked up.. which doesn't make sence.. anyways... i thought i'll share that...
02-03-2007 05:22 otaku1 is offline Send an Email to otaku1 Search for Posts by otaku1 Add otaku1 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of otaku1: jaybee909
Deadon

Registration Date: 02-06-2007

quote:
Originally posted by retinasoup

as best my memory serves me

- Black Tiger
- Ghosts & Goblins
- Galaga
- Dragon's Lair
- Double Dragon
- Kung-Fu Master
- Moon Cresta
- Dig Dug
- Hyper Olympics
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land

that is quite the list my friend!

02-07-2007 06:29 Deadon is offline Send an Email to Deadon Search for Posts by Deadon Add Deadon to your Buddy List
retinasoup $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-1749.jpg

Registration Date: 06-21-2006

Thanks mate. When I was growing up, I had the survival instincts of a rat in the arcade. I'd spend the whole afternoon there with just $1.00 to spend while my parents were playing golf. In those days, 20 cents was the usual amount for a credit. So, that lasted not very long at all. I learned to be as sly as a fox-- especially during tourist season. I preyed upon parents & their kids who had their tokens jammed in faulty coin slots which I knew how to loosen up. There were lots of tricks & ways of gaining credits on these games. I guess I had a certain hunger/necessity for it.

Hahahaha... just remembering... Hyper Olympics (or Track & Field), there were three buttons to use-- 2 run buttons and a jump/throw button. There was a way to gain more speed from running by spraying lubricant on the run buttons and using the butt end of a cigarette lighter across them in a quick back and forth motion. You could gain a far more phenomenal speed this way! Jeezus, I was a fukn video game addict when I when I was younger. Now I'm just an internet junkie! Roll Eyes

Hang on a sec Deadon... where's your list?!

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3562/gameshorrorhitleraz1.gif
02-07-2007 07:31 retinasoup is offline Send an Email to retinasoup Search for Posts by retinasoup Add retinasoup to your Buddy List
Deadon

Registration Date: 02-06-2007

Red Face

you got me heheh

ok 1 credit and Im talking after years of practice, many times gettin in trouble pickin quarters from me ma,juvenile hall! lol suspensions, notes, school meetings (i loved the arcade)

Street fighter I and II
Contra

*runs and hides ashamed of his size*

now everyone click another thread heh nothing to see here!

{the hyper olympics trick you speak of, I remember getting caught by my mom, she wanted to know what a 8 or 9 year old was doing with a lighter.... "I swear mom, its for this game hyper olympics, its so cool, you push the buttons really really fast and you jump! oh wow you can beat your friends., make some friends..... " annnnnnd she would say... " and I figured out a way to cheat...with a lighter!"}

my moms would roll her eyes and get out the belt lol

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 02-07-2007 16:40.

02-07-2007 16:39 Deadon is offline Send an Email to Deadon Search for Posts by Deadon Add Deadon to your Buddy List
Malek-IK $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-1921.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

on arcade just a few:

1) Vendetta (including beating all the bosses again in the extra stage)
2) Point Blan(i?)k
3) Killer Instinct
4) Mortal Kombat 1 ("jump-backwards-to-uppercut"-trick)
5) Dungeons & Dragons: shadows over mystara (2-4 ppl only, cap cheat with rogue. i know i´m lame)
6) tekken 2

(have to mention: yesterday was the first time i finished sf3:3rd strike with 8 star difficulty without a continue :cheer: )

11-12-2007 11:26 Malek-IK is offline Send an Email to Malek-IK Search for Posts by Malek-IK Add Malek-IK to your Buddy List
b)

yay! and last blade 2 :o

11-20-2007 02:03 Malek-IK is offline Send an Email to Malek-IK Search for Posts by Malek-IK Add Malek-IK to your Buddy List
The Quag $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1925.gif

Registration Date: 12-28-2007

i've mastered Killer Instinct to beat it with only 1 credit with nearly all the characters (except jago and spinal).

I beat Killer Instinct 2 on the first try, which is another reason I HATED that game.

First time I played metal slug i beat it, but at least i had fun playing that one.

Its one thing to master a game enough to where you defeat it eventually with only 1 credit, what grinds me is the game that are easily beaten the FIRST time. Thats not worth a damn quarter.

Check out my blog http://videogamesandthe90s.blogspot.com/ where we rediscover the 16 bit era's finest (but mostly shittiest) retro gaming.
12-30-2007 14:18 The Quag is offline Send an Email to The Quag Homepage of The Quag Search for Posts by The Quag Add The Quag to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of The Quag: anon1982 YIM Account Name of The Quag: anon19822001
b)

quote:
First time I played metal slug i beat it, but at least i had fun playing that one.

Respect. i played metal slug very often when i was hanging around in the arcade in the past days but i´ve NEVER beaten it....i better stick to the fighters i think :o

12-30-2007 21:55 Malek-IK is offline Send an Email to Malek-IK Search for Posts by Malek-IK Add Malek-IK to your Buddy List
Kool T $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1937.jpg

Registration Date: 03-04-2007

Tekken 1-5
Marver Vs Capcom 1 and 2
Street Fighter 2 Series
Killer Instinct 1 and 2
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Gunblade N.Y.C.(used to play this in Mississippi in Funtricity...but the place is gone now yearz ago...)

and its a lot more I cant tink of right now....

No Doubt!!
01-08-2008 23:43 Kool T is offline Send an Email to Kool T Homepage of Kool T Search for Posts by Kool T Add Kool T to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kool T: KoolBoiT
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Arcade » what arcade game can you beat with 1 credit