ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Arcade » MAME Moonwalker » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MAME Moonwalker  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
skhalaman $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

MAME Moonwalker Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone,

I was looking to play one of my favorate old games "M J Moonwalker". It appears that I have a problem in configuring the MAME emulator. I installed the MAME32 from emulator zone and I download the game but it need the CHD files...I dunno where to get these files from and this is the first time using the MAME emulator. so far I use the snes, nes64, nes, msx1, msx2 and ps emulators so smoothly but I really need help with this one...appreciate it Smile thanks
12-30-2007 11:19 skhalaman is offline Send an Email to skhalaman Search for Posts by skhalaman Add skhalaman to your Buddy List
jpcline004 $posts[username] is a male
Codename: Sgt. Riggs

images/avatars/avatar-1934.jpg

Registration Date: 09-24-2007

RE: $post[posttopic] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm pretty sure this one doesn't use .CHD files as that is a newer technology and MJ is totally 80s. Check out MAWs to see which romsets and files within you need to play it. It looks like there are several dumps and depending on which set you are using you might need multiple downloads.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/
search for michael jackson

try downloading this:
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/45209/...1-317-0159.html

and this:
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/45210/...1-317-0158.html

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 12-30-2007 14:44.

12-30-2007 14:43 jpcline004 is offline Homepage of jpcline004 Search for Posts by jpcline004 Add jpcline004 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of jpcline004: jpcline004

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I tried these files but again it didnt work....again asking for chd image or something. anyone played the game on the emulator? if yes, please post the steps you followed. thanks
01-02-2008 06:51 skhalaman is offline Send an Email to skhalaman Search for Posts by skhalaman Add skhalaman to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...again, there is no chd file for this.

use mame32 v.90 and download the roms above. leave them zipped in you roms folder and do an audit. When you start the game, you will get an error saying: 315-5437.bin ROM NEEDS REDUMP. click ok and it will play anyway. there is an extra bit of data that makes the rom file one character too long and the emulator notices that, but it should be fully playable anyway...

if it doesn't work please state exactly what the error is, ie no sound, game doesnt load, crashes etc...

01-02-2008 11:22 jpcline004 is offline Homepage of jpcline004 Search for Posts by jpcline004 Add jpcline004 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of jpcline004: jpcline004
Grocklon $posts[username] is a male
a)

Registration Date: 01-16-2005

Also, I believe that you have to have the main rom file, and the actual game is not working, if I remember correctly, and you have to play a clone. And the game still works, so if the main one is not working, and I believe that it is still one in progress, then play one of the clones, and you will find it is the same game, with no real problems.

And there is no CHD file, as the game was rom based. So it sounds as if you have some other issues going on.

What version of Mame are you using? And exactly which error are you seeing. I know that with Mame32 v0.121 I have no problems running the game. And yes, I know I'm a version and a update or 2 behind at this point.

That is all.
01-02-2008 15:15 Grocklon is offline Send an Email to Grocklon Search for Posts by Grocklon Add Grocklon to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Grocklon: Underdogismyhero

Thanks guys it finally worked, it started to be slow sometimes....worked better when I minimized the full screen view but right after I took the moneky in the first stage it crashed and went back to the emulator!!! I wounder whats wrong. It did give me the excat error but it worked like you said....any idea?

thanks again
01-03-2008 09:59 skhalaman is offline Send an Email to skhalaman Search for Posts by skhalaman Add skhalaman to your Buddy List

I think the driver might have been updated with newer versions of mame, however I'm not sure if those rom sets will work, thats why I told you to use v.90. The sets here are pretty outdated. Sorry. Might want to try retroroms...you have to register but its free and has everything.

01-03-2008 12:07 jpcline004 is offline Homepage of jpcline004 Search for Posts by jpcline004 Add jpcline004 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of jpcline004: jpcline004

It worked well when I replaced the mwalk.zip file with this one

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/57003/...1-317-0159.html

thanks a mil
01-06-2008 07:25 skhalaman is offline Send an Email to skhalaman Search for Posts by skhalaman Add skhalaman to your Buddy List
Logann64 $posts[username] is a male
Berzerker Canuck.

images/avatars/avatar-1746.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2004

I played that game, its one big penis joke.... common! look at the enemies for crying out loud!
01-06-2008 16:55 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
discgolfer72

Registration Date: 01-06-2008

wich version are you trying to play there are 2 the original arcade and one the one that is on sega/snes ect the sega one for mame is hard to get to work and the original arcade works perfect
01-08-2008 03:54 discgolfer72 is offline Send an Email to discgolfer72 Search for Posts by discgolfer72 Add discgolfer72 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Arcade » MAME Moonwalker