ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » Crysis » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Crysis  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HitokiriX $posts[username] is a male
Dio Slayer

images/avatars/avatar-1905.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Thumb Up! Crysis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One of the most Anticipated Fps games of the Year is being released in 2 days time (well depending on where u are u may already have it lucky bastards) anyone else looking forward to it? Unfortunately I have to wait a extra week EA was unable to ship the game to my country this week due to overwhelming demand

http://www.incrysis.com/

visit the new romnation forum today bigger better in every way don't delay click the link today!
11-13-2007 04:13 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
Satori $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-1753.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2007

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Haha, so they scrapped the DX10 thing, or is this only for Vista?

From the demo, I can tell that it's hype that needs silly hardware specs that don't even exist on common PCs right now (to run high details).

11-19-2007 04:06 Satori is offline Send an Email to Satori Search for Posts by Satori Add Satori to your Buddy List
Dio Slayer

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dx10 has always been vista only genius with sp1 on the way dx10.1 is on the table and eventually gfx cards will follow from what i've seen quad core is the way to go and a 64bit ver of vista works wonders

some cleaver people have figured out how to get dx10 features into the dx9 version obliviously running it on xp works better yay

only 2 more sleeps till its in my hot little hands

visit the new romnation forum today bigger better in every way don't delay click the link today!
11-21-2007 06:21 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
Servo $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1910.gif

Registration Date: 11-20-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed playing the demo, but my PC didn't. It hates newer games and either freezes, or staggers all over the place most of the time. I can't wait til I can get my new PC.

11-23-2007 00:45 Servo is offline Send an Email to Servo Search for Posts by Servo Add Servo to your Buddy List
b)

quote:
dx10 has always been vista only genius

No shit, learn to read, and write while you're at it. That's why I said this:

quote:
so they scrapped the DX10 thing, or is this only for Vista?

Implying Crysis was planned as exclusive dx10, and that was scrapped.
------

quote:
some cleaver people have figured out how to get dx10 features into the dx9 version obliviously running it on xp works better yay

All this proves is that dx10 is mostly codename hype without much real technical merit. The only real revolutionary thing here is convincing people to go out and buy yet more expensive hardware with this API hype.

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 11-23-2007 05:50.

11-23-2007 05:48 Satori is offline Send an Email to Satori Search for Posts by Satori Add Satori to your Buddy List
Dio Slayer

quote:

dx10 has always been vista only genius

No shit, learn to read, and write while you're at it. That's why I said this:

so they scrapped the DX10 thing, or is this only for Vista?

Implying Crysis was planned as exclusive dx10, and that was scrapped.

What planet do u live on? crysis was never planned as a dx10 exclusive when the majority of pc gamers still own dx9 cards ur pretty much committing suicide halo 2 for vista style and ur question was very opened ended leaving the reader to guess what ur implying so get ur head out of your ass and quit being a jerk

11-23-2007 06:25 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
b)

I'm not sure what you said with that missing punctuation, but I'll try. It was planned to be dx10 from the very beginning, and since then I didn't keep up with any of the story. No, I don't care if you think it's bull, or if you have no clue about it, I know what I read. It's a definite backpeddal in the face of the Vista failure. A lot of other game companies are doing the same about this dx10 vaporware. Something by the name of dx10 will surely start being developed on for games at some point probably, but it surely fell short of expectations to the time tables.

And more than that, that's not the point. The only important thing is that the game is hype and needs absurd hardware. It's the hardware that's the big deal, not the 3d api. Of course paying up the wazoo will produce a lot higher capabilities. It better.

11-23-2007 11:41 Satori is offline Send an Email to Satori Search for Posts by Satori Add Satori to your Buddy List
Dio Slayer

Ur full of shit I have seen no statement from crytek or Ea claiming such a thing not wiki, gamespot, ign or cryteks official site have any mention of such a thing other that crysis is the first fully supported dx10 game nothing more nothing less so till I see some proof via a link of some sort u can stick it were the sun don't shine

don't like don't buy simple is as that ur getting ur panties in a twist over nothing

11-24-2007 04:41 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
b)

Wiki and articles eh?

1. A wiki about some unreleased game that's about a year away? Holy fuck, get real.

2. Wiki article as absolute proof? Same as above.

3. Do you think they are now going to admit it and not instead try to spin what they said?

I told you to believe what you want, there is no proof for what I read about a year ago unless I take you back in time to that moment. I'm sure they changed their mind well before release, but like I said, it's not like I was keeping up with this.

It was simply a comment on how dx10 and vista adoption was over-estimated, no more no less. No one is complaining here except you about my comments.

hand

11-28-2007 12:39 Satori is offline Send an Email to Satori Search for Posts by Satori Add Satori to your Buddy List
Malek-IK $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-1921.jpg

i watched a review about Crysis on Giga.de (german gaming tv) yesterday. it got outstanding ratings for atmosphere, gameplay, sound and graphics. a minus for the high hardware requirements cause (LOL?) until the game is playable for the mass, the graphics will be old again. that´s madness, isn´t it? if these graphixs will be "old" but playable, there will be another game that has the newest graphics but won´t be playable for the mass again. lunatic.

11-28-2007 13:13 Malek-IK is offline Send an Email to Malek-IK Search for Posts by Malek-IK Add Malek-IK to your Buddy List
Dio Slayer

quote:
Wiki and articles eh?

1. A wiki about some unreleased game that's about a year away? Holy fuck, get real.

2. Wiki article as absolute proof? Same as above.

3. Do you think they are now going to admit it and not instead try to spin what they said?

I told you to believe what you want, there is no proof for what I read about a year ago unless I take you back in time to that moment. I'm sure they changed their mind well before release, but like I said, it's not like I was keeping up with this.

It was simply a comment on how dx10 and vista adoption was over-estimated, no more no less. No one is complaining here except you about my comments.

hand

Some form of proof would of made u sound more creditable but more bullshit it seems this is the internet there would be some mention of it however insignificant u may seem to think it is and u can't deliver just more conspiracy theory's I never said wiki was the holy bible there's always a record out there doesn't matter how hard u try to hide it. I had already stated nobody was banking Dx10 at this point considering what happened with Halo 2 and shadowrun complete failures Microsoft brought that on themselves forcing dx10 on pc gamers,every other gaming studio opted for a dx9/10 solution it's there if people want it and eventually pc gamer's will have to upgrade why must i repeat myself over and over

12-03-2007 06:35 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
b)

what the fuck man have no idea what you just said i mean i really don't care to decipher that but ne ways good luck overclocking hypesis

12-07-2007 05:07 Satori is offline Send an Email to Satori Search for Posts by Satori Add Satori to your Buddy List
Inevitable $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1927.jpeg

Registration Date: 03-25-2005

Click

Wink

12-30-2007 20:56 Inevitable is offline Send an Email to Inevitable Search for Posts by Inevitable Add Inevitable to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Inevitable: Lilmoe7249
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » Crysis