ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » What did u do during the TIBERIUM WARS, Gramps? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What did u do during the TIBERIUM WARS, Gramps?  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Logann64 $posts[username] is a male
Berzerker Canuck.

images/avatars/avatar-1746.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2004

What did u do during the TIBERIUM WARS, Gramps? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all i know we all(or atleast MOST) played some sort of C&C game, well i think we Vets should regale the next generation with stories of our glory days... i mostly played C&C RENEGADE so most of my stories will be from that... i suppose ill go first:

I usually play(ed) as an Engineer/Technician in RENEGADE, hangin back at base placing mines, fixing buildings, and running in to the field to fix-up any allied tanks that were on their last legs, additionally i did covert-ops, sneaking in to the enemy base to either C4 the Power plant or Ion/Nuke strike the Refinery.... i did sometimes grab a tank to take the fight to the enemy's door... and boy howdy was i a killing machine... some tunnel levels i took out soldiers like it was going outta style... i was an ok sniper but i preferred Patch, Laser Black Hand, yea i know they are "cheap" cos of high power rapid fire guns... but still they were my two faves...
09-12-2007 00:32 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
Malek-IK $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-1921.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

puh, quite a long time ago for me. the one and only C&C game i played was the one with GDI and NOD. was it PS1 or mega drive? hm...think PS1. after beating the game a few times i played j4n...defeating the cpu with 100000000² flamethrower guys (they killed themself).

11-22-2007 19:24 Malek-IK is offline Send an Email to Malek-IK Search for Posts by Malek-IK Add Malek-IK to your Buddy List
Berzerker Canuck.

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow the PS1 version, i recently got C&C 3 and just takin my time workin the SCRIN missions... i thought they woulda had mutsnts as a faction....
11-22-2007 23:32 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
Servo $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1910.gif

Registration Date: 11-20-2007

Heh, I used to love the old C&C game on the PS1.

I bought Tiberian Sun when it first came out (and later the Firestorm add-on), but it didn't really blow me away. I prefered Red Alert 2. I used to spend many hours playing that online. I had some great strategies for it. That was actually the last C&C game I played.

I would pick up the latest C&C, but my PC isn't a fan of games anymore, at least not the newer games anyway. I'm saving up for a new PC that I'm going to get built specifically for playing games though. I'll keep the one I have now just for surfing and downloading.

11-23-2007 00:42 Servo is offline Send an Email to Servo Search for Posts by Servo Add Servo to your Buddy List
Malek-IK $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-1921.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

i have internet since 1996, so no chance to play C&C online before. maybe this would have changed my "gaming-career" from then on ^^
after C&C i bought Diablo1, played it online till Diablo2 (and Black&White in between) released and never wasted a second again to C&C Crying

11-23-2007 22:26 Malek-IK is offline Send an Email to Malek-IK Search for Posts by Malek-IK Add Malek-IK to your Buddy List

Red Alert 2 was the first game I ever played online. I've always been a fan of those types of games (the original C&C is responsible for that), but playing against other people took it to an all new level for me. I got into loads of them while I was at college, and spent hours playing online strategy games when I should have been studying. Turned out alright though; I still graduated with a top mark and the skills to play a mean game of C&C. Big Grin
I don't get much time to play online anymore though, and as I said, my computer has a beef with any game that came out after 2005 so it kinda limits my options. Gutted.

11-23-2007 23:36 Servo is offline Send an Email to Servo Search for Posts by Servo Add Servo to your Buddy List
Berzerker Canuck.

i loved RED ALERT 2: YURI's revenge, the cloning vats were great, lol i usually played SKIRMISH as YURI's side, i used mind control to take over a SOVIET barracks, build a cloning vat and pump out 100's of their cheap-o rifle grunts, then mutate them in to brutes then grind them in to money... the sheer profit was amazing! the SOviet "conscript" was $100 if i remember correctly, plus 1 from the cloning vat so basically $50 each, then MUTATE them in to a BRUTE which is normally $500 to build then GRIND THEM for a nice $450 profit... each! i was rolling in the moolah! the draw back was that in the final tally of losses i ended up with 1,000+ (one time almost 10,000) casualties.... and the enemy was crippleld horribly too because i usually took over most of the base and cranked out APOCALYPSE(basically re-skinned MAMMOTH tank) tanks good times,i have a copy of C&C 95 for PC but cant run on VISTA for some reason... i have TIBERIUM SUN kinda liked it i wish i could build more than 1 MAMMOTH Mk2....
11-24-2007 00:16 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List

Is there not a patch you can download to get C&C to work with Vista?

11-24-2007 00:21 Servo is offline Send an Email to Servo Search for Posts by Servo Add Servo to your Buddy List
jpcline004 $posts[username] is a male
Codename: Sgt. Riggs

images/avatars/avatar-1934.jpg

Registration Date: 09-24-2007

Yeah I used to play a lot of Red Alert way back in the day. It was pretty sweet. I would build a huge Navy and bombard the hell out of my enemy and then send in a couple hundred marines to finish em off.

11-24-2007 13:10 jpcline004 is offline Homepage of jpcline004 Search for Posts by jpcline004 Add jpcline004 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of jpcline004: jpcline004
Berzerker Canuck.

ya there's a patch out there to make em work on Vista... but i found them to corrupt the program....
11-24-2007 16:41 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » What did u do during the TIBERIUM WARS, Gramps?