ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » Starcraft II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Starcraft II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HitokiriX $posts[username] is a male
Dio Slayer

images/avatars/avatar-1905.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Wink Starcraft II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.starcraft2.com/ bout frikken time bring on Diablo 3 already! and for the doubters check out http://www.blizzard.com/ for the scoop

visit the new romnation forum today bigger better in every way don't delay click the link today!
05-19-2007 12:32 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
Gunner_X $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-1767.gif

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am so happy! It's about time! Saw the news on shoutwire, and had to investigate. been watching all the videos, and it looks totally awesome. Needless to say, I'll be getting this. Anyone else? Lol, maybe we'll actually start a romnation guild this time.
05-20-2007 21:03 Gunner_X is offline Send an Email to Gunner_X Search for Posts by Gunner_X Add Gunner_X to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 YIM Account Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 View the MSN Profile for Gunner_X
SteamingDragon $posts[username] is a male
a)

Registration Date: 07-07-2004

Smile hi starcraft 2 pc game is going to be fun cool game Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin hi starcraft 2 pc game is going to be fun cool game
site click at pc game looks like here u go the front
cover for the windows pc game and click the game media for
starcraft 2 pc game screen shots pictures of the cool game fun game
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2

thanks advance

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 05-20-2007 21:54.

05-20-2007 21:11 SteamingDragon is offline Send an Email to SteamingDragon Homepage of SteamingDragon Search for Posts by SteamingDragon Add SteamingDragon to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of SteamingDragon: SteamingDragon24 YIM Account Name of SteamingDragon: n/a View the MSN Profile for SteamingDragon
Logann64 $posts[username] is a male
Berzerker Canuck.

images/avatars/avatar-1746.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i just hope its not gonna be like STARCRAFT 1 where its basically the attack styles were pretty much like "revolutionary war" where one guy attacks then the other attcks... and basically the only thing that counts is rate of fire and damage... and who ever has the biggest army of the biggest creatures.... cos i remember playing it and i went with PROTOSS against another PROTOSS... we both fully upgraded our ZEALOTS and went at it and it pretty much panned out... i hope they get the C&C style where u actually can COUNTER units.. like Rifle troops can take out infantry no-prob.. Bazooka troops take out tanks.. and so on..
05-21-2007 01:31 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
c)

quote:
Originally posted by Logann64
i just hope its not gonna be like STARCRAFT 1 where its basically the attack styles were pretty much like "revolutionary war" where one guy attacks then the other attcks... and basically the only thing that counts is rate of fire and damage... and who ever has the biggest army of the biggest creatures.... cos i remember playing it and i went with PROTOSS against another PROTOSS... we both fully upgraded our ZEALOTS and went at it and it pretty much panned out... i hope they get the C&C style where u actually can COUNTER units.. like Rifle troops can take out infantry no-prob.. Bazooka troops take out tanks.. and so on..

They pretty much did have it like that though. I mean, Corsairs and Valkyries could take out other units no problem. Firebats could take out other early ground units no problem. In all honesty, I entirely hope its like the first one, because I think they did an excellent job of balancing out all the races.

Anyone seen the new game play trailers and everything? Man, I think using the protoss is gonna rock even more than it did. With the new drop ships being able to act as pylons and with these new Colossus units. Also the new terran units with jet packs look awesome. They're able to jump up and down ledges. Say 'No!' to going around!
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6144/starcraft22007051900045ea3.jpg
05-21-2007 04:44 Gunner_X is offline Send an Email to Gunner_X Search for Posts by Gunner_X Add Gunner_X to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 YIM Account Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 View the MSN Profile for Gunner_X
Berzerker Canuck.

well ok yes htere was that... BUT im talking about something like this: you have 10 MARINES and i have 10 MARINES both fully upgraded or even just starting out.. basically my 10 will shoot first then yours will shoot... basically what im getting at is its who ever get the first shot in wil win a fight... unless you have bigger/heavier units to either support or engage enemy forces...
05-21-2007 04:59 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
c)

Well even in command and conquer if you have two opposing forces with exactly the same units, and same number, of course the only variable is going to be who shoots first. Of course, in starcraft they have the ability to stim-pack, and you can always throw in a medic to throw the tide in one direction.
05-21-2007 05:07 Gunner_X is offline Send an Email to Gunner_X Search for Posts by Gunner_X Add Gunner_X to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 YIM Account Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 View the MSN Profile for Gunner_X
Berzerker Canuck.

yes that too... but at the same time it always did constantly the same damage in STAR CRAFT wth each unit, basically lets just say that 3 TANKS equaled 10 MARINES and if they fough it'd be even...

where as lets say C&C i have 10 RIFLE's against 10 BAZOOKA troops... now the RIFLE's have a better chance of winning because they are designed to take out infantry... and BAZOOKA's are inaccurate against infantry... do u see where im going with this?

i liked C&C style games because there were character classes that forced u to actually counter other units... where as STARCRAFT was basically: who ever shot first with the biggest unit, heaviest gun and largest army, was going to win...

Im going to use a little C&C:GENERALS unit types in here: if you got a HUMMER and loaded it up with 3 BAZOOKA troops and 2 SNIPERS that lil hting can take on a larger tank as well as infantry... its only problem is maybe its armour not being up to snuff... where as in STARCRAFT its just upgrade-upgrade-upgrade... bigger badder units etc...

Basically all im trying to say is make STARCRAFT alittle more like C&C where u can counter more effectively with different units as opposed to having a "CIVIL WAR" style of battle, and yes i know some units in STARCRAFT had an added "SPLASH DAMAGE" happen but so did several C&C games.
05-21-2007 17:43 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
HitokiriX $posts[username] is a male
Dio Slayer

images/avatars/avatar-1905.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]

heh bad example logan C&C Generals is completely unbalanced hell its one of the most unbalanced games i've ever played and boy did me an my friends play multiplayer alot Laser General my friends cousin always picked that didn't matter what u threw at him or any strategies u employed was damn near impossible to breach his defenses the lasers wiped everything out in a matter of seconds

Starcraft has always had the Rpg element to it take that away and its not starcraft anymore sure they expanded on that idea in Warcraft 3 but i didn't like it The gameplay trailer is fantastic stuff like I said to my mate the other day is it just me? or do Blizzard make the best cinematic scenes ever!!! he replied with a HELL YEAH! Smile

Gunner that would be cool if we could have a rn guild I lost my original starcraft cd ages ago

You know something funny a few days before starcraft 2 was announced I noticed Blizzard released a patch for starcraft and began to watch the site like a hawk hehe I knew they were up to something

visit the new romnation forum today bigger better in every way don't delay click the link today!
05-24-2007 10:34 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
Berzerker Canuck.

yes, blizzard does make some spiffy cinematics... i really like the openin trailer to brood wars, all dark & grimy and the zerglings attack the terran base.. "bootyful"!
05-24-2007 20:58 Logann64 is offline Send an Email to Logann64 Search for Posts by Logann64 Add Logann64 to your Buddy List
kaOpong

Registration Date: 06-07-2007

It's obvious from your comments that your knowledge of starcraft's gameplay is too shallow. if not, you would have known that in starcraft unit counter is an essential element.

You would have known that marines are best countered by Zealots and that zealots have a hard time against goons, that siege tanks own goons, and zealots eat tanks, etc....

Moreso, there is a thing called micromanegement in starcraft where even with equal and identical unit encounters, the one who "pulls the trigger first" doesn't necessarily come out as the victor.

With proper micro and unit counters, your forces can take out an opposing force twice your size.

I've been playing Starcraft LAN games since it came out and had participated on 3 local tournaments. An average game for me would be 10 to 15 mins, so massing units till 200/200 supply is definitely not the best way to go. Only noobs play the massing strategy in Starcraft.

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 06-07-2007 10:45.

06-07-2007 10:40 kaOpong is offline Send an Email to kaOpong Homepage of kaOpong Search for Posts by kaOpong Add kaOpong to your Buddy List
Amazing_Tater $posts[username] is a female
c)

images/avatars/avatar-1740.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2005

Nothing beats ZERGRUSH KEKEKEKEKEKE!

I defy you. I defy you.

06-15-2007 07:42 Amazing_Tater is offline Send an Email to Amazing_Tater Search for Posts by Amazing_Tater Add Amazing_Tater to your Buddy List
gforce75 $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 07-07-2007

I agree that CC was super unbalanced. I even have the CC for XBox360 and that one is super unbalanced also. You can never play a multiplayer game and have a good fight with it. Starcraft 3 will rock if it's coming because blizzard has always been great at balancing games.

07-07-2007 18:17 gforce75 is offline Send an Email to gforce75 Search for Posts by gforce75 Add gforce75 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » PC Gaming » Starcraft II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!