ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » All Guitar Tabs » Guitar Talk » new to guitar » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page new to guitar  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
een54 $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 04-22-2006

new to guitar Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey guitar forum, so i thought id post, im kinda new to guitar only played couple of months any1 got any tips?

04-22-2006 16:16 een54 is offline Send an Email to een54 Search for Posts by een54 Add een54 to your Buddy List
Gunner_X $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-1767.gif

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Practice like hell ^.^

Seriously though, thats an answer to everything. I dont play, I play the piano, but my brother and father play, and the most important thing seems to be...Know your cords! And know em well.
04-23-2006 01:19 Gunner_X is offline Send an Email to Gunner_X Search for Posts by Gunner_X Add Gunner_X to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 YIM Account Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 View the MSN Profile for Gunner_X
ToxiMoron $posts[username] is a male
d)

Registration Date: 06-29-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, get a guitar chord book with the finger diagrams and such, and worry about "killer lead playing" later. (This is how I taught myself to play, anyway).

07-05-2006 15:39 ToxiMoron is offline Search for Posts by ToxiMoron Add ToxiMoron to your Buddy List
Premier140

Registration Date: 05-31-2006

Everything you do do it with a metronome.
Focus on weaknesses maybe your down picking isnt quite as fast as you want it to be or your not hitting the notes as clear as they shuold be. The sooner you start working on those the less time you will be spending later on trying to fix your bad habits.
07-10-2006 18:28 Premier140 is offline Send an Email to Premier140 Search for Posts by Premier140 Add Premier140 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Premier140: AfroSBEND
cherrypie $posts[username] is a female

Registration Date: 10-09-2006

Always be conscious of the state of your muscles, they should be relaxed and comfortable... if you feel them tightening up anywhere, stop relax and try again. It's an important thing to keep an eye on as it's a key to being able to play faster and longer as you gain experience.
10-13-2006 03:01 cherrypie is offline Send an Email to cherrypie Search for Posts by cherrypie Add cherrypie to your Buddy List
krazeebyrd

Registration Date: 01-08-2007

There is one golden rule in playing guitar and it is the number one thing to remember: LEARN WHATEVER YOU CAN - WHENEVER YOU CAN. If you have the opportunity to learn something, but it doesn't exactly appeal to your musical tastes or style, do it anyways. There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Let this not only be a guide to a musical career, but a guide to life. Knowledge is the lifeblood. Take in what information you can and share what you have.
01-10-2007 19:01 krazeebyrd is offline Send an Email to krazeebyrd Homepage of krazeebyrd Search for Posts by krazeebyrd Add krazeebyrd to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for krazeebyrd
zie $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 01-22-2007

does anyone know where can i get tab for a song entitled halloween II? it is a cover song by cradle of filth....please anyone..
01-23-2007 13:08 zie is offline Send an Email to zie Search for Posts by zie Add zie to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » All Guitar Tabs » Guitar Talk » new to guitar