ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » All Guitar Tabs » Vocals » i hate singing. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page i hate singing.  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
koth
a)

images/avatars/avatar-941.jpg

Registration Date: 12-20-2004

i hate singing. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its just so annoying. im not a good singer thats why i play guitar.
and now people in my band want me to sing backup vocals.
you think its necessary for a guitarist to be able to sing?

01-18-2005 03:21 koth is offline Send an Email to koth Search for Posts by koth Add koth to your Buddy List
Star Shadow
The Hunter

Registration Date: 09-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In a really good band there is one good singer. Back up should be done by a choir. Presonally I don't you should have to sing.
01-18-2005 04:45 Star Shadow is offline Send an Email to Star Shadow Search for Posts by Star Shadow Add Star Shadow to your Buddy List
koth
a)

images/avatars/avatar-941.jpg

Registration Date: 12-20-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Star Shadow
In a really good band there is one good singer. Back up should be done by a choir. Presonally I don't you should have to sing.

Confused you confused me here. that mean yes or no?

01-19-2005 14:13 koth is offline Send an Email to koth Search for Posts by koth Add koth to your Buddy List
Star Shadow
The Hunter

Oh shit man. Sorry I forgot a word. I don't think you should have to sing. So no don't. Just look at alot of rappers. When rappers preform they have a group of people with all of them having microphones. It very unorganized to see that many people with mics. And for a rock group to do that it kinda looks like a knock off band, which isn't good. Unless everyone sings try that out and see what happens. Wink

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 01-19-2005 15:23.

01-19-2005 15:23 Star Shadow is offline Send an Email to Star Shadow Search for Posts by Star Shadow Add Star Shadow to your Buddy List
chronowarp $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-945.jpg

Registration Date: 04-13-2005

Most guitar players DO sing. If not lead vocals, backup.

It's more important to sing and feel it than to sing and sound good.

04-13-2005 18:11 chronowarp is offline Send an Email to chronowarp Search for Posts by chronowarp Add chronowarp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of chronowarp: vexedunderdog View the MSN Profile for chronowarp
XenoLTH $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 04-23-2005

Singing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dont think you should have to sing but think about this. Maybe you think you suck but your band thinks you sing good.
04-23-2005 19:19 XenoLTH is offline Send an Email to XenoLTH Search for Posts by XenoLTH Add XenoLTH to your Buddy List
Star Shadow
The Hunter

It just dosen't look good for two people singing. If the whole group has a good voice why not everyone sing. It just don't sound right when one good voice is taken over by a voice that can't it a note, and there are a few band I heard that do that.
04-24-2005 02:42 Star Shadow is offline Send an Email to Star Shadow Search for Posts by Star Shadow Add Star Shadow to your Buddy List
Gunner_X $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-1767.gif

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

The Distillers=Kick ass= 1 Singer, Brody.
System of a Down=awesome=1 Singer, Serj.
Bad Religion=great=1 Singer, Greg.

So no, you shouldnt have to sing, 1 singer seems to pretty much do it for all the bands I like.
06-27-2005 06:43 Gunner_X is offline Send an Email to Gunner_X Search for Posts by Gunner_X Add Gunner_X to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 YIM Account Name of Gunner_X: avianchaos2021 View the MSN Profile for Gunner_X
lewdawg

Registration Date: 07-21-2005

actually system of a down has 2 singers and their different voices are what makes them sound so good
07-21-2005 15:38 lewdawg is offline Send an Email to lewdawg Search for Posts by lewdawg Add lewdawg to your Buddy List
Jaydo $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 07-30-2005

yeah, seconding the SoAD notion, their guitarist has a good voice..

just some thoughts...

Drummer's tend to make better back-up vocalists, due to their upright sitting position, and the fact that they look outward, not downward if they have to look at their instruments..

If you really have to do BuV, just try to stick to harmonizational notes, nothing big, just you cutting in every now and then for good measure, that kind of BuV can make a song something much more extraordinary.

and yeah, maybe you think you suck, but your band disagrees..

Either you have low confidence, or they are retarded.

just my two cents.

07-30-2005 12:29 Jaydo is offline Send an Email to Jaydo Homepage of Jaydo Search for Posts by Jaydo Add Jaydo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jaydo: Ja Vi M K S YIM Account Name of Jaydo: daggerjaydo View the MSN Profile for Jaydo
crash26821 $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-975.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2005

Who doesn't...

08-06-2005 23:07 crash26821 is offline Send an Email to crash26821 Search for Posts by crash26821 Add crash26821 to your Buddy List
SamuraiMaSSiMo $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1569.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2006

There are also a thousand good bands that do have two singers, or a lead with vocals.

Infact, most bands I listen to have a lead singer, and the lead guitarist does back up..

I think the whoever said it doesnt matter so much if you sound good, as long as you feel it hit it on the head, unless your singing sounds like nails being dragged down a glass window pain with babies crying behind it.. Big Grin

Maybe you have a great singing voice though, and you're shy.. which is also cool.

Trying practising it by yourself or something to get used to it before you do it in front of other people maybe?

My voice sounds shit when i'm talking never mind singing, so thats out the window for me Big Grin

08-26-2006 00:04 SamuraiMaSSiMo is offline Send an Email to SamuraiMaSSiMo Search for Posts by SamuraiMaSSiMo Add SamuraiMaSSiMo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » All Guitar Tabs » Vocals » i hate singing.