ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Console Gaming and Emulation » List of which Emulators play which NES games » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page List of which Emulators play which NES games 5 Votes - Average Rating: 7.005 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Jaundiced Ferret $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

List of which Emulators play which NES games Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is very much a work in progress, except that I don't plan on making much more progress with it myself. The idea is to have a list of which emulators open which NES games. 1 means it works, 0 means it doesn't, blank space means not tested (and be forewarned it's mostly blank, although each game on the list has at least one emulator).

If anyone has additions to this file, please edit it as you see fit and PM it to me or post it in this thread and I'll update the master file.

It's tab-delimited text so anyone can open it, but it looks best in a spreadsheet program (if you open the link directly it won't make any sense).
Attachment:
unknown NESGameList.txt ($posts[attachmentsize] KB, $posts[counter] downloads)

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 07-23-2004 06:56.

04-15-2004 04:18 The Jaundiced Ferret is offline Send an Email to The Jaundiced Ferret Search for Posts by The Jaundiced Ferret Add The Jaundiced Ferret to your Buddy List
JHammett $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-518.jpg

Registration Date: 09-26-2004

RE: List of which Emulators play which NES games Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've already tried doing this when I compiled my own set of NES games. There is one emulator that will play all except one, and that is Stadium Events. The emulator is called FCE Ultra, and it is really the only one I use. For Stadium Events, I use my second favorite one, the JNES. I could be wrong though because I only tested this against all licensed and unlicenced games. There is a whole slew that I haven't tried. Thank you. Pleased

" May Heaven, the all-ruling, and Earth, the all-producing, read our hearts, and if we turn aside from rightousness or forget kindliness,may Heaven and man smite us! " Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, Ch. 1, pg 8.
09-26-2004 07:40 JHammett is offline Send an Email to JHammett Search for Posts by JHammett Add JHammett to your Buddy List
g4rl34g3 $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-479.gif

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why make a list? Doesn't FCE Ultra play them all? At least I've never run a ROM with that emulator that didn't work if it's a good dump.

09-26-2004 09:16 g4rl34g3 is offline Send an Email to g4rl34g3 Homepage of g4rl34g3 Search for Posts by g4rl34g3 Add g4rl34g3 to your Buddy List
bludgen $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-444.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Then you haven't tried too many games. I've run into many that appear to have perfect emulation on a particular emulator but actually have deeper game play related issues that would go unnoticed without first hand experience of how the game is actually played.

09-26-2004 09:53 bludgen is offline Send an Email to bludgen Search for Posts by bludgen Add bludgen to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bludgen: shoot the phase YIM Account Name of bludgen: shoot_the_score View the MSN Profile for bludgen
g4rl34g3 $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-479.gif

I don't think there's an NES game I haven't played, and I've run them perfectly with FCE Ultra already too. Whatever FCE can't do(which isn't much), you can use NNNesterJ for. You only need two emulators IMO.

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 09-26-2004 10:02.

09-26-2004 09:58 g4rl34g3 is offline Send an Email to g4rl34g3 Homepage of g4rl34g3 Search for Posts by g4rl34g3 Add g4rl34g3 to your Buddy List
Superbus $posts[username] is a male
c)

images/avatars/avatar-369.jpg

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I'm still a strong proponent of VirtualNES for anything not needing a Power Pad, personally. It's got about a 95% rate of compatibility.

Like the Fire Emblem series? Then click the picture, and come to FESS and discuss!
09-28-2004 12:54 Superbus is offline Homepage of Superbus Search for Posts by Superbus Add Superbus to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Superbus: superbus1929 YIM Account Name of Superbus: superbus19 View the MSN Profile for Superbus
DrewHMS97SS $posts[username] is a male
b)

images/avatars/avatar-959.jpg

Registration Date: 09-27-2004

i like fce too. i have found it will not run excite bike or tiger heli

10-20-2004 22:05 DrewHMS97SS is offline Send an Email to DrewHMS97SS Search for Posts by DrewHMS97SS Add DrewHMS97SS to your Buddy List
c)

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]

If anf of you want to update the list here with any games you know FCE ultra does or doesn't play I'd appreciate it. Just repost the edited file and I'll replace the original. I never meant for the list I posted to be a definitive list, just a starting point for others to add to. Unfortunately it never really caught on...
10-21-2004 06:51 The Jaundiced Ferret is offline Send an Email to The Jaundiced Ferret Search for Posts by The Jaundiced Ferret Add The Jaundiced Ferret to your Buddy List
Super Jamie
d)

images/avatars/avatar-635.gif

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

i personally have found jnes to be very good. i think between it and fce ultra, that's really all you'll ever need to play nes games

10-21-2004 08:24 Super Jamie is offline Homepage of Super Jamie Search for Posts by Super Jamie Add Super Jamie to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Super Jamie
b)

works:
3-D Battles of World Runner, The (U)
Adventure Island 1 - 3
Adventures of Bayou Billy
Air Fortress
Bad Street Brawler
Basewars
Batman
Ballon Fight
Blastermaster
Bomberman
Bubble Bobble 1 - 2
California Games
Captin Skyhawk
Castlevania 1 - 3
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Contra
Contra Force
Double Dragon 1 - 3
Dragon Warrior 1 - 3
Dr Mario
Ducktales 1 - 2
Festers Quest
FF 1 - 3
GI Joe 1 - 2
Jackle
Kid Icarus
Kung Fu
Marble Madness
Metal Gear 1 - 2
Mike Tysons Punchout
NARC
Paperboy
RC-ProAM 1 - 2
Ren & Stimpy Show
Robocop 1 - 3
Rush'n Attack
Skate or Die
Super Contra
Tecmo Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tetris
TMNT 1 - 3
Wizards and Warriors 1 - 2
Wrestlemania

10-21-2004 19:20 DrewHMS97SS is offline Send an Email to DrewHMS97SS Search for Posts by DrewHMS97SS Add DrewHMS97SS to your Buddy List
b)

ill have to try jnes to see if tiger heli works.

10-21-2004 19:21 DrewHMS97SS is offline Send an Email to DrewHMS97SS Search for Posts by DrewHMS97SS Add DrewHMS97SS to your Buddy List
andbecker $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 11-02-2004

cool games...

11-02-2004 08:05 andbecker is offline Send an Email to andbecker Homepage of andbecker Search for Posts by andbecker Add andbecker to your Buddy List Add andbecker to your Contact List
kirbysmashmaster1

images/avatars/avatar-637.gif

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

which emulator works best with kirby's adventure

11-22-2004 04:00 kirbysmashmaster1 is offline Send an Email to kirbysmashmaster1 Search for Posts by kirbysmashmaster1 Add kirbysmashmaster1 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for kirbysmashmaster1
Super Jamie
d)

images/avatars/avatar-635.gif

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

jnes works best with almost everything. failing that, try fceultra

11-22-2004 22:33 Super Jamie is offline Homepage of Super Jamie Search for Posts by Super Jamie Add Super Jamie to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Super Jamie
zcarninja $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-642.gif

Registration Date: 11-26-2004

nesticle works really well as far as i can tell, but nestopia is the best one ive come across. but i havent played ALL of the roms i have yet.

Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow.

This post has been edited $posts[editcount] time(s), it was last edited by $posts[editor] on 11-26-2004 20:25.

11-26-2004 20:21 zcarninja is offline Send an Email to zcarninja Search for Posts by zcarninja Add zcarninja to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for zcarninja
c)

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]

quote:
Originally posted by zcarninja
nesticle works really well as far as i can tell, but nestopia is the best one ive come across. but i havent played ALL of the roms i have yet.

If you have any interest in adding nestopia to the file, and list whatever games you've had success with that would be great. I realize the file as I've posted it is only of limited use, but don't have time to test all games with all emulators...
11-26-2004 21:12 The Jaundiced Ferret is offline Send an Email to The Jaundiced Ferret Search for Posts by The Jaundiced Ferret Add The Jaundiced Ferret to your Buddy List
karmine $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-651.jpg

Registration Date: 09-05-2004

RE: List of which Emulators play which NES games Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i still use nesticle, i forget which version....its not the last one made. since i have a low end system the latest emu's run some games slow, i have to sacrafice things for fast emu. The only thing that bugs me about nesticle is there are no scanlines, and sometimes the sound fuzzes, and in certain games ie:crystalis theres a scroll bug so parts of the screen flash, or in other games you cant even see anything except the letter pallette spammed on the screen.
11-29-2004 02:35 karmine is offline Homepage of karmine Search for Posts by karmine Add karmine to your Buddy List
farmerted

Registration Date: 04-06-2005

What about nesticle?
04-06-2005 08:57 farmerted is offline Search for Posts by farmerted Add farmerted to your Buddy List
Snake700 $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 04-21-2005

Hasént anyone tryed Nester? it´s a good NES emulatior and you can download it here

http://mgconfidential.com/MGNES/

04-23-2005 15:05 Snake700 is offline Send an Email to Snake700 Search for Posts by Snake700 Add Snake700 to your Buddy List
mahamadf2000 $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 12-05-2005

Tongue

woooooooow

Tongue
12-05-2005 22:41 mahamadf2000 is offline Send an Email to mahamadf2000 Search for Posts by mahamadf2000 Add mahamadf2000 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of mahamadf2000: mahamadf2000@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for mahamadf2000
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Console Gaming and Emulation » List of which Emulators play which NES games