ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » All Guitar Tabs » Guitar Talk » Notes AND Tabs. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Notes AND Tabs.  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CrossKnight $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 03-20-2005

Notes AND Tabs. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why dont u guys play notes songs its harder but you get more out of it although u might think there is no difference u get to learn the tempo of the song and i like it more.. post any negative comments or positive comments ...
03-24-2005 06:15 CrossKnight is offline Send an Email to CrossKnight Search for Posts by CrossKnight Add CrossKnight to your Buddy List
koth
a)

images/avatars/avatar-941.jpg

Registration Date: 12-20-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i dont read tabs because i learned piano before i started playing guitar. i can comfortably read notes.

i think more ppl use tabs b/c its easier for beginners to not care about timing and stuff. i dont know.

03-25-2005 01:36 koth is offline Send an Email to koth Search for Posts by koth Add koth to your Buddy List
CrossKnight $posts[username] is a male

Registration Date: 03-20-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah probably but the timing of a song is extremely important if u want it to sound good.
03-25-2005 06:12 CrossKnight is offline Send an Email to CrossKnight Search for Posts by CrossKnight Add CrossKnight to your Buddy List
chronowarp $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-945.jpg

Registration Date: 04-13-2005

Tablature is a physical recreation of the fretboard, which makes it easier to read.

They don't need notal function, because if you're looking at the tabs for a song you probably know how it goes. So all you have to do is read, and play. It's simpler for beginners, and people that can't read music on guitar. Or can't read music comfortably.

04-15-2005 10:03 chronowarp is offline Send an Email to chronowarp Search for Posts by chronowarp Add chronowarp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of chronowarp: vexedunderdog View the MSN Profile for chronowarp
captain_pants $posts[username] is a male
a)

images/avatars/avatar-1428.gif

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

i can read music but i never bother. tabs way better. but then again im in a punk band so i dont think reading sheet music really matters!

"I wanna see you take the jackpot at fruit machine, then put it all back in. You've got to understand that you can never beat the bandit no"
04-16-2005 14:39 captain_pants is offline Send an Email to captain_pants Search for Posts by captain_pants Add captain_pants to your Buddy List
chronowarp $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-945.jpg

Registration Date: 04-13-2005

That's a kind of ignorant approach though.

I don't think just because you play simplistic music you should settle for less. Always learn as much as you can. You may need it later in life.

04-16-2005 17:51 chronowarp is offline Send an Email to chronowarp Search for Posts by chronowarp Add chronowarp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of chronowarp: vexedunderdog View the MSN Profile for chronowarp
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » All Guitar Tabs » Guitar Talk » Notes AND Tabs.