ROMNation Community Forums
Register Calendar Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Support » Project 64 Help » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Project 64 Help  
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ToxiMoron $posts[username] is a male
d)

Registration Date: 06-29-2006

Question Project 64 Help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, I'm a complete n00b with this emulator. I downloaded the older version because I've got a slower computer with W98SE. I got the emulator working, my controller configured, and all that fine.
Then, it was time for the ROM. I downloaded Batman Return Of The Joker (I wanted one of the smaller files as I have DSL and I wanted to get used to the P64 process before d/l any 40 MB files), and I also downloaded the 7-zip just fine, and unzipped the ROM.
There were many, many files after unzipping, I just opened the first file I saw. All I got was some choppy music and a black Project 64 screen. To sum up this 'help' question, would just downloading the newer version be better for my computer, or am I just wasting my time with this emulator as my computer's rather old? And, in that large amount of ROM files, which one do you use to play the game? Thanks in advance. Confused

05-02-2007 13:12 ToxiMoron is offline Search for Posts by ToxiMoron Add ToxiMoron to your Buddy List
HitokiriX $posts[username] is a male
Dio Slayer

images/avatars/avatar-1905.jpg

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there should be only one file most of them end with .n64 .v64 .z64 .rom .pal .jap .usa pretty the only ones pj64 will accept u can also keep em zipped up pj64 reads zip files Smile

what are u system specs anyway? I used to run every version of pj64 till 1.5 on my p3 500mhz 128mb ram and a nvidia tnt2 32mb gfx card okish, I think i had to kill most of the background programs to get it running decently on the later versions though my friend did give me his geforce 2 gfx card and i got a ram upgrade to 512 and it ran quite smoothly after that cheap upgrades can help out specially when it comes to n64 emulation

Since I can't gauge how good or bad it would run i'd say give 1.6 a try and see if it runs any worse than the version ur currently running ideally one would want to go with a newer version as it has many bug fixes and new functions that previous builds could not do

visit the new romnation forum today bigger better in every way don't delay click the link today!
05-02-2007 21:32 HitokiriX is offline Send an Email to HitokiriX Homepage of HitokiriX Search for Posts by HitokiriX Add HitokiriX to your Buddy List
ToxiMoron $posts[username] is a male
d)

Registration Date: 06-29-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by $thread[starter]
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got 256 RAM so I guess it's somewhere in the middle of those two you listed. I'll try the newer version and see how it does. Hell, I'm not even having problems with MAME anymore after downloading 104 Plus.
Thank you for the help, Hitokiri...I didn't know P64 read the zip files. That may have been where I goofed in the first place. Crying

05-03-2007 00:50 ToxiMoron is offline Search for Posts by ToxiMoron Add ToxiMoron to your Buddy List
Master Bigode $posts[username] is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1775.gif

Registration Date: 04-24-2007

quote:
And, in that large amount of ROM files, which one do you use to play the game? Thanks in advance

Lol, it's called a ROM pack.
It's a pack whit all dumped versions of the game.
You can use any you want, but give priority to the ones marked whit a "(!)".

05-03-2007 01:28 Master Bigode is offline Send an Email to Master Bigode Homepage of Master Bigode Search for Posts by Master Bigode Add Master Bigode to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
ROMNation Community Forums » ROMNation.NET » Support » Project 64 Help